Good traffic plus good offers makes for good money.
There’s lots of ways to make money on your blog. Here are just a few.
* Links to your sales pages. Blogs are a great way to attract traffic, and then send that traffic to the pages that make you money.
* Google Adsense. Google’s advertising program is a great hands-off, automatic way to make money on your website.
* Affiliate Ads. Go find products in the same field as your blog’s topic. Download the banner ad the merchant will provide to you, or make your own. Add your affiliate link, and you’re done.
* Sell banner ads. Yes, banner ads are still alive and well on the web. You’ve got to have a lot of traffic for anyone to bother to pay for ads on your site.
* Paid Links. These are basically text-versions of banner ads. People will pay you for a link on your site to their site.
* Text link ads. There are several ad companies that will turn some of the text on your pages into text links. Advertisers pay for the link to the ad companies (like Chitika and Kontera), and the ad companies share that revenue with you. Neat. Effortless.
Okay, so there are a lot of ways to make money with blogs.
But when you’re just starting out, it’s best to leave your blog ad-free. Don’t be in a hurry to put Adsense and affiliate links on your blog from the beginning. At the very start, concentrate on getting into a regular rhythm of writing on your blog, moderating your comments, and building your traffic.
If you start out with one article, and 10 ads, the few new visitors that you’ll get probably won’t stay very long — or come back for more.
Of course, there’s lots more in this month’s Coaching Club about building your blog, driving traffic, and monetizing your blog.
Log in now to see it all, or attend this month’s webinars and open coaching calls each and every Thursday at Noon PDT, 3pm EDT.
To Your Success,